OpenMoko future.

Jay Vaughan jay at w1xer.de
Sat Jul 28 15:49:42 CEST 2007

> That said, with a project like this that is very engineering-driven
> and
> with engineering being very vocal about what they see as the limits of
> the project it would be useful to hear a (re)confirmation of the
> marketing vision to make sure that it is still valid.  Sean?
> \
\

bah, why?  what good does it do to push moko to make position
statements on things that are clearly on the table .. the status of
things as they are should be clue enough that such demands are not
worth the warm, moist air they're issued with ..

get the openmoko.  participate in completing its software.  use the
phone.  this is not a PC manufacturer, its not Apple..

Fact is: its easier and easier for bright teams to engineer their own
hardware, and openmoko is a case in point.  lets not forget the open
part of this equation, and instead why don't we just leave the future
direction of things, indeed, fairly open.  more fun for those who
want to be part of the effort, less fun for those who want the
sandbox bulldozed for a field of soapboxes ..

;