An idea of sorts

Giles Jones giles.jones at zen.co.uk
Sat Jul 28 15:59:52 CEST 2007

On 28 Jul 2007, at 14:23, Max Giesbert wrote:

> sounds like an excellent idea to me. would definitely be a killer
> application to use the phone in a peer-to-peer style without using the
> telco network.
> UI-wise this could be realized in organizing the addressbook more
> like a
> IM client where you can see if your buddies are in BT-/WiFi-Range,
> Online (via any network connection (GPRS/UMTS/BT/WiFi)) or offline
> (callable/SMSable). In any situation you could choose to send text/
> chat
> or call your buddy. And the phone chooses the best (cost/battery
> life/reception) way to contact the buddy.
>
> what do you think?
>
> max

How about friends list? so you can basically add people to your
friends list via email.

The Nintendo Wii has a serial number built in and you can send a
friend request to another Wii or to any other email address. When
sending a message for the first time it asks for permission to be
added (one way to stop spam).

You can then email pictures to your Wii.

An easy way to install new software would be to be able to email it
to your phone and use the phone's wifi to download the email. Of
course security would have to be present to stop it installing
anything received in an email.