An idea of sorts

Giles Jones giles.jones at zen.co.uk
Sat Jul 28 16:36:10 CEST 2007

On 28 Jul 2007, at 15:08, Gabriel Ambuehl wrote:

> I would much rather have a package manager (think apt) than
> something like
> that. And OpenEmbedded already provides that, from what I understand.

ipkg is based on dpkg, it's more lightweight.

Don't get me wrong, we need package management, it's just that I've
owned Windows Mobile phones and there's been no easy way to install
software when using Linux. Getting a reliable sync solution that
works on Windows, Mac OS and Linux is quite a big piece of work and
while this is in development it is handy to have an alternative.

I'm also wondering how we are going to achieve installing
applications on the SD card, have a lib directory and bin directory
on there and add these to the paths?