Phone emulator under Gentoo?

Henryk Plötz henryk at openmoko.org
Sun Jul 29 03:34:51 CEST 2007

Moin,

Am Sat, 28 Jul 2007 17:48:51 -0700 schrieb Xamindar:

> white-rabbit qemu-neo1973 # ./configure
> WARNING: "gcc" looks like gcc 4.x
> Looking for gcc 3.x
> Found "gcc32"

Ah, yes, I remember that one. I didn't bring it at first up because I
can't reproduce it right now. Apparently Gentoo on x86_64 wants to
be helpful and sets up a link named "gcc32" to a 32bit version of the
gcc. Unfortunately this is also one of the names that qemu configure
searches for to find a 3.x gcc (expecting gcc-3.2). So the compiler it
finds not only won't work with qemu (because it currently needs 3.x),
but also won't be of much help in general because all your libraries
are 64bit.

So the right[tm] solution for now is to manually edit
{OMDIR}/openmoko/trunk/src/host/qemu-neo1973/configure and put in
gcc-3.3.6 or gcc-3.4.6 or whatever 3.x you have on your system into the
gcc3_list variable as the first entry.

P.S.: Please, pretty please with a cherry on top, don't post HTML mails.
They are much more harder to read and to reply to.
--
Henryk Plötz
Grüße aus Berlin