3G plans

Derek Potts derek at helloworld.sh
Sun Jul 29 21:16:12 CEST 2007

What are the current plans for 3G for the Neo? I'm curious about the ETA
of a 3G model, as well as a potential upgrade path to 3G for a 2.5G Neo.

Concerning the arrival of 3G hardware:
I found a couple of references that claim that the Neo will have 3G in
2008. Can anyone substantiate these claims and maybe even give us a more
accurate ETA?
- http://www.informationweek.com/news/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=201000323
- http://www.economist.com/displayStory.cfm?story_id=9531007&fsrc=RSS

Concerning the upgrade possibilities:
Has the Neo phase 2 been designed to accommodate an upgrade to 3G in
some fashion? Even if the main board had to be replaced but some of the
other modules, like the wifi for example, could be retained, that would
be a better option than having to buy an entire new phone.

Thanks!