GTA02 Board only option in October?

Harald Welte laforge at openmoko.org
Mon Jul 30 02:42:02 CEST 2007

On Sun, Jul 29, 2007 at 03:07:44PM -0400, Kyle Bassett wrote:
> Harald,
>
> I am curious, what do you estimate the cost (as a percentage or dollar
> amount) that the GTA02 board "kit" would run compared to the expected $450
> base price?  I do prefer your idea about selling the GTA01Bv4 instead of
> upgrading...some people would just rather do it themselves...bragging
> rights?  ;)

I'd expect that upgrade kit would have to be at least 350USD.  So as
long as you can sell the GTA01 for more than 100USD, it should be better
to do so.

Also, given the low quantities we run at this time, it would really hurt
us to see that many GTA01 going to the junkyard.  If the old ones get
sold, we increase the population of Neo's.  If we take them apart and
re-use, we don't get more devices deployed..