Finger Graffiti

David Schlesinger David.Schlesinger at access-company.com
Mon Jul 30 04:02:46 CEST 2007

>So, who are they going to sue???

Nobody. Having a trademark means defending it in instances where it's
used in ways that the holder didn't intend, and I've pointed out that
this _is_ one of those instances. I don't intend to continue pointing it
out if people persist, but I think I've done my part to indicate that,
for example, shipping a handwriting-related module with a name that
approximated "Graffiti" would be inconvenient, because we very likely
_would_ have to stop that.

Just sayin'.

Please let's remember that open source rests on a foundation of
intellectual property law: without, for example, copyright, there would
be no way to enforce the GPL. Using open source and the like fairly
means that you expect people to respect your wishes about your
intellectual property, so it behooves you to respect the wishes of
others...