Finger Graffiti

Joe Pfeiffer joseph at pfeifferfamily.net
Mon Jul 30 04:52:29 CEST 2007

Nkoli writes:

>Quikwriting's different-but-easier alphabet implementation is quite
>interesting and may be the best way to get good handwriting recognition. I
>was thinking handwriting recognition that can be used with fingers because
>of all the interest in finger based apps, since most people won't carry
>their styli around if the majority of apps are finger based.

The first thing I'll be doing with my NEO (let's see...  UPS shows it
as having been in transit from Albuquerque to here --
about 225 miles -- since Friday.  Should be in my hot little hands
tomorrow.  UPS comes by my house about 7:00 PM...) is making sure it
boots.  I'm not quite sure what the second thing is going to be, but
rigging something to hold a much-less-elaborate stylus is very, very
high on the list.

I'd be delighted to be proved wrong, but I just can't see finger
applications having the same utiity as the stylus applications I'm
used to.