OpenMoko future.

Jay Vaughan jay at w1xer.de
Mon Jul 30 07:04:56 CEST 2007

On Jul 30, 2007, at 4:28 AM, Mark Arvidson wrote:

> Freeing the phone to be a platform, not just a crude, limited tool
> is where this project needs to go.  It may seem like a slow couple
> of years before this really infects our entire culture, but I think
> it's inevitable now.

For example, I'm getting an OpenMoko *solely* for the purposes of
putting music-creativity applications on it and using it as a
portable music machine.  The cell phone angle is only going to be
interesting to me if its a means of doing a remix, which based on the
technical discussions so far, seems quite feasible.

;