I think my sim card slot is busted

Marc Verwerft marc.js.verwerft at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 22:48:03 CEST 2007

On 7/31/07, Shakthi Kannan <shakthimaan at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 7/31/07, Benjamin Flanagin <bflanagin at cityofbridgeport.net> wrote:
> > calls beyond emergency numbers. What am I looking for in the gsmd.log
> > and or when I use the at+cimi command?
>
> Not sure about the gsmd.log.
>
> > The wiki doesn't give me any clue
> > as to what a none working sim card looks like apposed to a working one.
> > Any hints would be appreciated.
>
> AT+CIMI should return the 15-digit IMSI (International Mobile
> Subscriber Identity) number from the SIM card. The PIN should be
> entered before you can read the number.
>
> Its your identity number. Don't reveal it.
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IMSI
>
> --
> Shakthi Kannan
> http://www.shakthimaan.com

According to  http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Getting_Started_with_your_Neo1973#Inserting_the_SIM_card_.28optional.29
the holder needs to be locked. I first didn't know how it locks but
apparently you do it by slightly pushing the holder direction top
(opposite of opening it). As soon as I had done that, it worked. I
could dial a number using gsmd and libgsmd-tool.

Regards,

Marc