concept phone with only a touchscreen for UI

Matthew S. Hamrick mhamrick at cryptonomicon.net
Sat Jun 2 21:53:09 CEST 2007

It's interesting.. here in the states, people really love the tactile
feedback you get with a "real" keyboard. But I've heard several
people say that touch screens are quite popular in Asia. If so, that
might explain why BenQ (and not Motorola) did this design and maybe
Apple is thinking about the iPhone for the Asian market instead of
the US market. Also... myPhone development has been greatly
simplified by having a touchscreen as the primary input. We can try
out all sorts of control layouts without having to print new keypads.

-Cheers
-Matt H.