OpenMoko - We Need HYPE, and we need it yesterday!

Jim Thompson jim at netgate.com
Mon Jun 4 20:42:36 CEST 2007

el jefe delito wrote:

> I hope that we can start to create some buzz about this product!  Being
> open, being able to work with multiple service providers, being
> unlocked, being cheaper, being higher-resolution... all of these are
> benefits that we must PROMOTE.  The quicker we can post on an article,
> the higher on the Comments list we will be and the more reads that
> comment will get.  No one reads Comment #154267....
>
> Thoughts?

We need hardware, (and far better softare), not hype.

Comments don't sell phones, applications do.

Once we have functional hardware, we can create better software, and the
combination of these is far better than any amount of hype or PR.

Devices like the FIC Neo1973 can be difficult to engineer, so Sean, we
understand.

Jim