Why not taking pre-orders?

andy selby andyfrommk at googlemail.com
Tue Jun 5 00:02:36 CEST 2007

It seems to me that the OpenMoko project is waiting to have usable
phones before accepting peoples money, this is an "order", not a
pre-order that the wiki says there's a possibility of.
O.K. so there's only a possibility but I'd be willing to part with
$350 (~£175) now (or back in march actually) so that OpenMoko can turn
some of those volunteers into paid employees, hire some more open
source devs or QA testers and judging by the buying interest list
there's plenty more willing to do the same.