Neo1973 Update!

David Duardo dduardo at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 19:21:10 CEST 2007

Why the Neo is going to have 2 tri-axis accelerometers is beyond me. The
only reason you would want to use 2 3d accelerometers is if you want
higher accuracy in rotation measurements, but for the type of
application I see little gain in the extra accuracy. The Nintendo
Wiimote only uses 1 3d accelerometer and the sensitivity is good enough.

Here is a pdf that shows you what I'm talking about:

http://kionix.com/App-Notes/AN005%20Tilt.pdf

Notice how in figure 6 the angle of the different axis effect the tilt
sensitivity.

- David