Neo1973 Update!

Al Johnson openmoko at mazikeen.demon.co.uk
Tue Jun 5 19:24:58 CEST 2007

I think the reason for using accelerometers not solid state gyros is cost.
Sean quoted $3 for accels on the list a while back, while 3 axis gyros with
SPI were closer to $20 last I looked, and that was for one that wasn't
available yet. Production will ramp up, prices will fall and a future
OpenMoko will probably use an accel and a gyro, but for now 2 accels gets you
most of the way there for several $ less.

Compass would be interesting, to me at least.