[SVHMPC] concept phone with only a touchscreen for UI

Bradley Hook bhook at kssb.net
Tue Jun 5 21:36:30 CEST 2007

Steven Milburn wrote:
> Personally, I'd like to see a touchscreen with some type of ability to
> raise
> dimples at any point under software control.  Kind of like a braille reader
> on acid.  If only such a thing existed. (does it?)

One word: expensive.
Refreshable Braille displays do exist, and even the cheapest functional
ones make the current cost of the Neo look like pocket change.
Incorporating this sort of technology into the Neo would not only be
expensive, but the mechanics of these things require a lot of
maintenance, not a fun thing to have in a phone.