Clarification Rant

Peter A Trotter peter.trotter at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 09:38:28 CEST 2007

Hold on chaps.

Every phone I have bought since I started using them (circa 98 - late
starter, I know) has been heavily subsidised or more recently free. In fact
in the UK it is hard to pick up a decent contract (plenty of minutes/texts
and free internet) without getting a free phone. I tried once and it was
more hassle then it was worth. You certainly wouldn't get a discount for it!
So I always pick up the most expensive/useful handset at the time and now
have a collection. I'm so fed up with WM series that those ones either run
linux or collect dust.
<heckle>Get to the point!</heckle>
Well, if your phone economy is anything like the UK stop waiting - go get a
new phone and a new contract ASAP. It will be free and you will be paying
for the neo unsubsidised whichever way you work it.
That is exactly what I did. However, I will also be buying P1 hardware and
P2 hardware. I believe that phones can be better then WM and intend to help
make sure that openmoko is a step in the right direction.

Ryan, with any luck you'll be able to get one on a subsidised contract
within 2 years. Also, when I get P2 hardware I'd likely be happy to ship the
P1 over to you ;)