UI ideas/questions or can we animate things as smooth as iPhone?

Luit van Drongelen openmoko at luitvd.net
Thu Jun 7 09:54:16 CEST 2007

Openmoko has 2 goals, right? One is to make a FOSS stack for mobile
phones, and two is to make 'your parents' want it. For that last bit,
you might need to have a consistent, but also clear and fluid (direct
reaction to touch actions for example, click delay is really confusing
for people).

The devices used are no full-blown computers. So why use software made
for computers? I agree we need something that works rapidly in mobile
devices.
If GTK/Matchbox can do that, then it's fine with me. If it isn't, then
more then just cross-compilation will be necessary to get something
running on Openmoko, which is fine too, because it's still
open-source. It might take a little longer to get something to work,
but it'll work properly. The graphics should be quick on slow devices.
Not necessarily fluid (like the iPhone) but responsive (like PalmOS).

but that's just my 2 cents.

--
Luit