Clarification Rant

Peter A Trotter peter.trotter at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 09:54:30 CEST 2007

On 06/06/07, openmoko at mauve.plus.com <openmoko at mauve.plus.com> wrote:

> > Hold on chaps.
> >
> > Every phone I have bought since I started using them (circa 98 - late
> > starter, I know) has been heavily subsidised or more recently free. In
> > fact
> > in the UK it is hard to pick up a decent contract (plenty of
> minutes/texts
> > and free internet) without getting a free phone. I tried once and it was
> > more hassle then it was worth. You certainly wouldn't get a discount for
> > it!
> > So I always pick up the most expensive/useful handset at the time and
> now
> > have a collection. I'm so fed up with WM series that those ones either
> run
> > linux or collect dust.
>
> Why?
>
> Get subsidised phone - unlockable ones may have a premium.
> Ebay.
> Apply funds towards neo.

Sorry, probably wasn't clear. I meant to imply that I *only* buy subsidised
phones. I meant most expensive phone that still comes free when subsidised
by reasonably expensive contract that I make full use of.

The Neo will be an exception to this - untill it becomes subsidised (showing
confidence)

-Pete