UI ideas/questions or can we animate things as smooth as iPhone?

Bradley Hook bhook at kssb.net
Thu Jun 7 17:11:28 CEST 2007

You *could* do what many existing linux apps do... write the functional
part of the app as a console program, and then use many simple GUIs as
options to interface with it. Think about cdrecord and K3b as an example.
For the handful of us out there that intend to use the Neo as a remote
administration device, being able to boot the thing into a GUI-less
console mode (using bluetooth HID for input) would be a "killer app" as
far as I can see. I use a full blown GUI desktop for most of my
day-to-day stuff (KDE), but when I really want to get a bunch of
remote-admin or compiling done, I just boot into run level 3, since I'd
be in a terminal window anyway. Why waste the CPU cycles, especially on
such a constricted CPU.
If someone really wanted to keep things lightweight, you could even do a
curses based interface as an option. 31337 HaXoRs and their console
based phones.

~Bradley