Are there any applications?

Werner Almesberger werner at
Thu Jun 7 19:36:04 CEST 2007

Eildert Groeneveld wrote:
> I am a wondering what is going on in terms of software development.

Some say, the best way to keep a secret is to tell everybody,
and nobody will believe it. That's why the OpenMoko Applications
Cabal keeps all its secret development in SVN ;-)

By the way, nothing should keep people who have found the killer
GUI design from writing a proof of concept application, try it
on the desktop or in QEMU, and then do the final porting (which
should then be simple) and polishing once they hold a real Neo
in their hands.

No matter what you think of our current applications, they can
at least serve as an example for how things connect in the

I think it could be quite interesting to have alternative designs
to try. And few things sell a good idea better than a convincing
prototype implementation.

- Werner

 / Werner Almesberger, Buenos Aires, Argentina     werner at /