community involvement todo?

Philippe De Swert philippedeswert at scarlet.be
Fri Jun 8 01:41:12 CEST 2007

Hi all,

Lately I have been wondering how to be able to contribute to the actual
development of the OpenMoko software. I have been looking at the
bugzilla but it is often hard to contribute to certain parts. Some
things are trivial but troublesome to do due to having to modify a lot
of seperate programs. Other are almost impossible to do without spec
sheets etc...

Thus I propose a plan to take full advantage of the community as this
should be the strenght of the openmoko project.

So I would like to propose a todo list on the wiki. This should list a
number of tasks which people can take up with a short explanation of
what has to be done and what is expected. This coupled to a seperate
email address or mailing list. After which the devs can add the patches
wherever needed.

Alternatively we can make sure that more bugs are filed in bugzilla with
detailed explanations.

Any comments? People willing to take up co-ordinating, devs willing to
check this out, ...?

Cheers,

Philippe