Yet another contender in the market?

Thomas Gstädtner thomas at gstaedtner.net
Fri Jun 8 09:47:38 CEST 2007

True.
But there really is a marked beside the mainstream.
The Nokia 770/N800 is the proof.
This devices is not really cheap (about $400), has not many abilities (no
GSM, no DVB, no keyboard, only WiFi) but it sold good enough to continue the
productline.
OpenMoko can do that better. Every linux-fan must have such a phone. Every
opensource-fan, too. As soon there is some more additional software
available for OpenMoko the Neo will probably be the most useful smartphone
out there.
The possibilities with the GTA02 hardware will be amazing.
Let's hope FIC will release GTA01 for all developers and interested people
soon - that definatly will cause a solid increase of available software.