UI ideas/questions or can we animate things as smooth as iPhone?

Pedro Aguilar paguilar at junkerhq.net
Fri Jun 8 14:56:18 CEST 2007

Hi,

We should try different options, do some serious benchmarks and based on
the results we could choose the best solution.

Some options would be:
- X11/GTK
- X11/EFL
- DirectFB/GTK
- DirectFB/EFL

Both, GTK and EFL, have backends for X11 and DirectFB, so running demos
and apps shouldn't be a problem.

Running DirectFB/GTK works fine in embedded systems, I used it in a
PNX8550 processor, but the Neo's processor doesn't have that processing
power...

According to the ELF doc, the Evas library with DirectFB backend is
designed with embedded systems in mind, but I haven't tested it. At least
in the i386 platform works great.

One real problem I see is that for making some benchmarking we need the
real hardware, an emulator wouldn't be reliable.

Regards,
--
Pedro Aguilar