UI ideas/questions or can we animate things as smooth as iPhone?

Silva, Daniel danielsilva at danielsilva.net
Fri Jun 8 16:04:19 CEST 2007

The problem with evas as i see it, is the available developer pool.
GTK as of now is more mature and has many more knowledged developers
available.
One other problem is that i don't see many language bindings for EFL ( at
least mature )
other than Ruby, that could hinder a bit future development/support for more
languages.

Another option, i just thought it abiut it now, is to loose GTK and EFL
altogether and use
Cairo to render all the widgets, its has many backends already available
including X, DirectFB and OpenGL so
that wouldn't be an issue, it also has bindings for MANY languages so that
isn't an issue either.

It would require some initial work to program all the widgets, but i believe
in the long run it
would pay off.

Regards,
Daniel