UI ideas/questions or can we animate things as smooth as iPhone?

Pedro Aguilar paguilar at junkerhq.net
Sat Jun 9 11:35:04 CEST 2007

Hi,

On Fri, 2007-06-08 at 15:04 +0100, Silva, Daniel wrote:
> The problem with evas as i see it, is the available developer pool.
> GTK as of now is more mature and has many more knowledged developers
> available.

Yes, I agree, but the interesting part of Evas is the concepts it uses
for drawing things, it is transparent for the developer the way the
widget are redrawn. I just think that I could be nice to try it.

> Another option, i just thought it abiut it now, is to loose GTK and EFL
> altogether and use
> Cairo to render all the widgets, its has many backends already available
> including X, DirectFB and OpenGL so
> that wouldn't be an issue, it also has bindings for MANY languages so that
> isn't an issue either.

If we have to program all the widgets with Cairo, we could come back to
GTK+ that already uses Cairo and save the widgets programming effort :)

> It would require some initial work to program all the widgets, but i believe
> in the long run it
> would pay off.
>
> Regards,
> Daniel