standard API for linux phones?

Wolfgang S. Rupprecht wolfgang.rupprecht+gnus200706 at
Tue Jun 12 04:20:17 CEST 2007

Tim Newsom <cephdon at> writes:
> From what I read, the LIPS group is creating an 'open' standard.  The
> impression I got from that was the other phone standards group was
> closed' whatever that means.

It just struck me that the phone book contact info is pretty close to
what one wants for a GPS waypoint (Name: Bob's Deli Phone:
xxx-xxx-xxxx Address: 1 Main Street, Anytown, USA 66666 Lat: 37.00000
Lon: -121.00000 Comment: Great Bagels and Lox).  It would be really
good if API was flexible to server for both of the Neo/Openmoko needs.

Wolfgang S. Rupprecht
IPv6 on Fedora 7