Openness (was RE: Concern for usability and ergonomics)

John Seghers jseghers at cequint.com
Tue Jun 12 22:51:46 CEST 2007

Jonathon Suggs wrote

I specifically said, in my summary paragraph:
>>By all means give them feedback, tell them your desires, etc.  But please
>>don't complain at them when they let you know that the GTA02 isn't the end
>>of the line. That they're working on follow-up models. That they didn't
>>put your must-have feature in the next rev.

Nothing in my comments suggested that people shouldn't give them
suggestions.

Just don't expect them all to make it into the phone or complain when they
don't.

> There will always be complainers, that is just life...ignore them.

It is, indeed, the complainers that I was commenting on. The one that I
quoted was complaining that stuff was being hidden from us because FIC is
working on new specs and hasn't shared them yet.

> However, my
> frustration (if you want to call it that) is the missed delivery date.
> They set a concrete date, missed it, and then just told us "soon."  I
> don't think that is very professional.

Missed dates are not exceptional in this industry...

- John