OpenMoko != Neo1973 (Was: Openness (was RE: Concern for usability and ergonomics))

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Wed Jun 13 18:52:49 CEST 2007

Shawn Rutledge wrote:
> used for "system exploration" when there are multiple devices on the
> bus.

We only have the Samsung MCU in the JTAG chain.

> What is your favorite hardware and software for doing this?

We use our own debug board. You need a special flexible cable to
connect to JTAG (*), and our board has the corresponding connector.

(*) In a phone, there isn't nearly enough space for one of the JTAG
    connectors you have on eval boards and the like. You could
    probably roll you own, though, and use some other JTAG adapter,
    e.g., the cute little Amontec JTAGkey.

On the software side, we use OpenOCD.

- Werner