Will Openmoko ever see the light of day?

Jonathon Suggs jsuggs at murmp.com
Fri Jun 15 17:22:18 CEST 2007

Sorry, for jumping to assumptions (that wasn't my intent).  But if we
are only going by "what we know" then I would have ordered my GTA-01
about 3 months ago...oh wait.

There are so little facts (from official sources) that we have no idea
what is going on.  I was basing my statement on the speculation that has
been running rampant through the message boards that the 01's are not
going to be mass produced since they are under powered and don't have
features that some (several) people have called "deal breakers".  Pretty
much as far as I'm concerned the GTA-01 *is* vaporware.  Considering how
much improved the (again speculated) GTA-02's will be outside of the few
that "just can't wait" I don't see it being a cost effective platform
for FIC to mass produce, considering the low purchase numbers.

So yeah, you can call me on a GTA-01 (does that even work yet) or even
take pictures of one dissected beside a copy of todays New York Times,
but unless one is shipped to me free, I doubt that I will ever touch (or
even see) one.

 - The Speculator