virtualization of OpenMoko...

Jan Masat jmasat at epicor.com
Tue Jun 19 11:42:06 CEST 2007

Hi,

I believe the Ubuntu SDL package you're looking for is: libsdl1.2-dev
You'll also need the build-essential package to compile the source.

First I tried the manual installation...
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/OpenMoko_under_QEMU#Manual_setup
...for which I also apt-get installed: svn gcc-3.4 monotone

Then I tried the MokoMakefile installation...
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/MokoMakefile#Installation

At the last step of each installation (openmoko/flash.sh ; make qemu),
however, I received a fatal error...

make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/moko/build/qemu/openmoko'
Please wait, programming the NAND flash...
neo_gsm_switch: GSM disabled.

U-Boot 1.2.0-moko9_r10_9912121f7ed804ea58fd62f3f230b5dcfc357d88_0_2270
(Jun 17 2007 - 12:48:38)

DRAM:  128 MB
NAND:  Bad block table not found for chip 0
Bad block table not found for chip 0
64 MiB
*** Warning - bad CRC or NAND, using default environment

Video: 640x480x8 31kHz 59Hz
USB:   S3C2410 USB Deviced
mtdparts variable not set, see 'help mtdparts'
mtdparts variable not set, see 'help mtdparts'
mtdparts variable not set, see 'help mtdparts'
mtdparts variable not set, see 'help mtdparts'
mtdparts variable not set, see 'help mtdparts'
In:    serial
Out:   serial
Err:   serial
pcf_write: charging in Qualification Mode.
pcf_write: charge voltage 4.20V.
openmoko/flash.sh: line 88: 10743 Terminated              $qemu
-mtdblock "$script_dir/$flash_base" -kernel "$script_dir/$1" -serial
stdio -nographic -usb -monitor null 0<&0

U-boot failed to finish writing in 300 seconds, giving up.

make: *** [flash-qemu-official] Error 255
root at huw-jmasat1:/home/moko#

CiaCon <ciacon2000 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>         I currently am new to Linux. I currently use Ubuntu Linux
>         (fawn). I tried to get Qemu running with OpenMoko, but it
>         fails (need for SDL or Cocoa)...
>         As Ubuntu is one of the most used Linux-Distros, I thought a
>         walktrhough (starting @ 0) might be a nice idea, to get a mass
>         introduced to OpenMoko.

This e-mail is for the use of the intended recipient(s) only. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and then delete it. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not use, disclose or distribute this e-mail without the author's prior permission. We have taken precautions to minimize the risk of transmitting software viruses, but we advise you to carry out your own virus checks on any attachment to this message. We cannot accept liability for any loss or damage caused by software viruses.