GTA02 3D accelerator

thomas.cooksey at bt.com thomas.cooksey at bt.com
Tue Jun 19 11:55:02 CEST 2007

Q: Does anyone know which 3D accelerator the GTA02 will have?

The application processor doesn't contain a built-in processor so I
assume this is to be a companion device. From one of the presentations I
saw on YouTube, I got the impression that the drivers/library for the 3D
accelerator will be open source. If this is the case, I'd like to start
playing with the source code. The reason for this is that the device is
almost certainly going to come with an OpenGL ES library, which will
probably expose the EGL API for initialisation. This is important
because of the xegl project. If the drivers for the 3D accelerator are
open source, they could be modified to for use with xegl. Visual effects
currently considered as "cutting edge" on desktops then become possible
on a phone. :-) While xegl seems to have been put on the back-burner in
favour of AIGLX, there's still a lot of interest within the x.org
community.

Cheers,

Tom