New wishlist item: Side-mounted touch strip sensor

Thomas Gstädtner thomas at gstaedtner.net
Tue Jun 19 12:36:49 CEST 2007

That's exactly what I already was talking about in the dasher-thread,
because this touchpad would be a cool device to control different things,
especially for dasher text-input in 1D-mode (or 2D). Glad that you found a
matching device.
Imho it shouldn't be a problem for left-handed people, too. Before some
years, I also was left-handed, but I switched to the right hand.
I cannot write by hand with my left-hand anymore (would need some training),
but controlling a mouse, touchpad, trackstick, joystick, ... with my left
hand isn't really a problem.
But it would also be possible to use the forefinger with the right hand and
the thumb with the left hand, so everyone woul be able to use it.e
Btw: RIM shows with their blackberry devices (at least the older ones) how
cool a such device can be. A touchpad would be even better than the
scrollbutton.