New wishlist item: Side-mounted touch strip sensor

Joe Pfeiffer jjpfeifferjr at
Tue Jun 19 18:01:46 CEST 2007

Thomas Gstädtner writes:
>Yes, a kind of double rocker-push-button (is there a correct english word?
>^^) would be fine, too.
>Not two buttons, but one button with 2 contacts (one on each side) and a
>neutral position in mid.
>Here's a picture I found via google, to imagine what I mean:

Normally, these multi-button interfaces have a single cover, conveying
the illusion that they're a rocker switch (perfectly good english
word!).  If the plastic doesn't have a pivot under it, pushing the
middle will activate both buttons giving the effect of a middle

More information about the community mailing list