New wishlist item: Side-mounted touch strip sensor

danimanns at danimanns at
Tue Jun 19 20:27:50 CEST 2007

Ortwin Regel wrote:

> I could also see some applications for a Blackberry style wheel, for
> example volume control and scrolling. I don't think using a futuristic
> sensor would be a good idea because we already have an analog device
> without feedback which is the touchscreen.
What is the problem with that? I would love a touch pad. So why adding
some ugly
analog buttons to a mobile, known for not having any buttons (nearly)?
A touch pad would give me more power for controlling the speed of
scrolling as well...