New wishlist item: Side-mounted touch strip sensor

Joe Friedrichsen pengi.films at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 20:52:57 CEST 2007

On 6/19/07, Ortwin Regel <ortwin at gmail.com> wrote:
> I could also see some applications for a Blackberry style wheel, for
> example volume control and scrolling. I don't think using a futuristic
> sensor would be a good idea because we already have an analog device
> without feedback which is the touchscreen.

Futuristic for some countries :-)

My Japanese mobile has a touch strip, and I bought it in Q2 2004. It
made scrolling through texts and sites very easy and the friction
provided by the slightly rubbery strip made for some great feedback
(touching a touch screen is different than sliding on a touch strip,
despite the misleading names).

Joe