New wishlist item: Side-mounted touch strip sensor

Thomas Seiler thseiler at
Tue Jun 19 21:10:44 CEST 2007

Am 19.06.2007 um 11:39 schrieb <thomas.cooksey at>
<thomas.cooksey at>:

> ... An 8-element capacitive
> sensor would work wonderfully and be easy to fab using either a
> Quantum
> QT411 ( or Analog
> Devices
> AD7143 (,2877,AD7143,00.html)
> controller.

I would like to throw in the Cypress series of PSoCs (Programmable
System on Chips)

Its a 8bit uC plus some digital and analog blocks that can be
interconnected like a FPGA, all in one single chip.
Its very flexible, and tools for assembly level software developpment
are freely available.
I dont think that the gcc can currently compile for it as a target

Why this interesting in my opinion:
Selfmade keylock-logic ala iphone slide, so we dont wake up
continously the samsung main CPU when worn in a pocket or such thing.
only after the slide, we generate the interupt.

We are free to develop our own logic.

More Info:

BTW: this is something that might easily be retrofittet to the Phase
1 devices, once available.

I think the current Ipod nano uses them aswell for the clickwheel.