New wishlist item: Side-mounted touch strip sensor

Jordan Anderson alurdun.openmoko at
Tue Jun 19 21:26:48 CEST 2007

> My Japanese mobile has a touch strip, and I bought it in Q2 2004. It
> made scrolling through texts and sites very easy and the friction
> provided by the slightly rubbery strip made for some great feedback
> (touching a touch screen is different than sliding on a touch strip,
> despite the misleading names).
> Joe

I have a touch strip on my HTC Excalibur, and one of the first things I did
was shut it off -- simply handling the phone was causing the volume to go up
and down, or my browser to go back. Obviously a personal thing, but with a
physical button it's easier to remember that it's there.