New wishlist item: Side-mounted touch strip sensor

Ortwin Regel ortwin at
Tue Jun 19 21:36:57 CEST 2007

On 6/19/07, danimanns at <danimanns at> wrote:
> Ortwin Regel wrote:
> -snip-
> > I could also see some applications for a Blackberry style wheel, for
> > example volume control and scrolling. I don't think using a futuristic
> > sensor would be a good idea because we already have an analog device
> > without feedback which is the touchscreen.
> What is the problem with that? I would love a touch pad. So why adding
> some ugly
> analog buttons to a mobile, known for not having any buttons (nearly)?
> A touch pad would give me more power for controlling the speed of
> scrolling as well...
> Daniel
> >
> > Ortwin

If it works as well as you describe, I wouldn't be against it. I
thought the touchscreen would provide that functionality well enough
but it sounds like it might provide interesting added functionality
that a wheel could not provide, either.