An introduction

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Wed Jun 27 06:53:36 CEST 2007

On Tue, 2007-06-26 at 22:27 -0400, Vladimir Giszpenc wrote:
> Hello OpenMoko community,
>
> OpenMoko is very exciting.  I and many Mono developers like myself
> would like to get involved.  The Mono team has developed Moonlight --
> a port of Microsoft's SilverLight to Linux.  Here are some of the
> things it can do http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRSO7p0HAIw
>
> It is Open Source, small, fast and works well with others.  The Mono
> team has made it easy for .Net developers to access this technology
> but it is not limited to them.  You don't need Mono to use MoonLight.
>
> The Mono team would help you create hype give you access to millions
> of C#, VisualBasic, JavaScript, IronPython and Ruby developers because
> it not only has ported the .Net CLR but they made Microsoft's DLR work
> on Linux as well.  The DLR is licensed with a BSD type license.
>
> How do we get involved?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Vlad

Heya Vlad! THis is such amazing work you guys have done! I think you
should check out the lists to join first off and intro what you want to
do on the relevant communication channels. Your efforts would be amazing
to capitalize on...these efforts sure as hell aren't getting onto the
iPhone ;)

http://lists.openmoko.org/

Cheers!
Jon