Stylus, the iPhone, and multi touch screens

Eric van Horssen horzel at
Thu Jun 28 19:20:09 CEST 2007

Cailan Halliday wrote:
> I personally don't like the idea of using a stylus, or rather, needing
> one, but I've read that there will be certain tasks/apps that will
> have a UI designed for a stylus. I saw a video of the iPhone in
> operation and all tasks were easily performed with the fingers. Does
> the multi-touch screen make this easier somehow? Also what exactly is
> multi-touch and is it near the top of the hardware addition list?
> -Cailan

Multi touch is the ability for the screen to recognize two places touched at the same time.

Normal (single) touch screens will either not recognize a touch when you touch in two places or might get the average in the middle.

Just my limited non technical understanding of it