New Oceans

Myk Melez myk at melez.com
Fri Jun 29 02:10:57 CEST 2007

Sean Moss-Pultz wrote:
> Starting July 9th, we will launch openmoko.com and start taking orders.
> We're going to have two configurations:
>
> Neo Base -- everything the mobile application developer needs to enjoy
> the benefits of the first freed phone, the Neo 1973:

> Neo Advanced -- everything the mobile device hacker wants to get down
> and dirty with the first freed phone, the Neo 1973:

Hi Sean,

Congrats on the new company.  It's great news, as is word that the phone
will be available in a scant two weeks.

Presumably the software will be advancing rapidly between July 9 and
October, when the GTA02 comes out.  What's the process for tracking
improvements over that time period?  Will there be daily or weekly drops
we can install onto our GTA01s, and will we need an "Advanced"
configuration to track those changes, or will the "Base" configuration
be sufficient?

-myk