OpenMoko Phase 0 has started

Harald Welte laforge at
Wed Mar 7 10:26:28 CET 2007

On Mon, Mar 05, 2007 at 09:40:12PM -0700, Joe Pfeiffer wrote:
> Igor Foox writes:
> >Just wanted to send a big Congratulations to the core OpenMoko team
> >for this first shipment of phones. You guys are doing a great job and
> >even
> >with the delays the community is (or at least I am) 100% behind you!
> Absolutely!
> And I think I'm speaking for far too many people when I ask:  what's
> happening to the last 14 phones? :)

we have such a severe lack of [working] hardware within the project,
that we are more than happy about this unexpected additional hardware.

e.g. we're currently in the process of growing our [paid/hired] team,
and we wouldn't have hardware for them otherwise.  Also, some of them
will be used as samples for FCC/CE/... style certifications, I've been
told by the HW team.

So for example, all phase 0 users now have _later_ hardware than either
Werner, Mickey or me have - since all our boards have defunct Bluetooth.

We really made that phase 0 possible at a time where the status of
hardware availability can rarely afford it.  So _please_ don't even try
to snatch one of those phones.  It's deemed to be futile and just causes
additional overhead on our side to respond with all those "NO" mails.

- Harald Welte <laforge at>