What moblie service to get, part 2

adrian cockcroft adrian.cockcroft at gmail.com
Sat Mar 10 02:17:54 CET 2007

My son bought a Cingular pay as you go SIM card, and used it in a
phone he already had, then bought another phone outright and put the
same card in it.

In the past I bought a phone on eBay and separately bought a SIM card
with a contract.

In general there are some *phones* that are locked to a carrier, but
an unlocked phone will work with any SIM card.

The carriers want to take your money and give you dialtone, they don't
really care what phone you use to to that, although they like to sell
you a phone to lock you in if they can.

Adrian