Idea: Wake me during light sleep

Ole Tange at
Sun Mar 11 16:08:13 CET 2007

If you are woken during periods of light sleep then you will feel more
rested than if you are woken during deep sleep.

To reliably identify when you are sleeping lightly we will need EEG.
In a real life scenario that is not possible and it may be OK if the
identification is not completely reliable.

If we assume that you are more noisy (e.g. turning in you sleep) then
we can use the noise level as indicator.

You will then set 2 alarm times: Wake me no later than this time, and
wake me no earlier than this time. Between these 2 timestamps we will
try to identify if you are sleeping light and wake you up.