Screen size

adrian cockcroft adrian.cockcroft at
Tue Mar 13 02:20:29 CET 2007

Apple's rendering model for the screen looks to me as if its resolution
independent and antialiased, which means that it appears to have higher
resolution than the raw pixel count. This is harder to do using an X11 based
rendering model, but if we move to OpenGL eventually it would be comparable.
I don't know if there are any other options to render to a large X11 virtual
frame buffer with antialiasing down to a smaller size (possibly with
pan/zoom capability?)