Crossroads

Mike fromlists at talkingspider.com
Wed Mar 14 00:13:00 CET 2007

Jonathon Suggs wrote:
> Mike wrote:
>> SmartPhone Connect and Data Connect ONLY?
>>
>> All t-mobile data plans will work? All?
>>
>> Are you with the openmoko project or is your advice conjecture?  Is
>> your advice official?
>>
>> This is my point.
>>
>> I would shut up since on this subthread, I look like the only one with
>> the problem.  But if you read my "What mobile plan..." thread, you'd
>> find others with similar questions and confusion.
> First of all, if you can't accept help from anyone other than and
> "official" OpenMoko developer, then you probably should not be a part of
> this community.  We will make things work together by helping each
> other.  There are only a few "official" OpenMoko developers, but there
> are many of us here in the community that will give you a hand if you
> will allow us.
>
> That said, PLEASE ALLOW ME TO HELP YOU! (It's amazing that I have to beg
> you for permission to help you).

Johnathon let me phrase it like this-

I love the help of the open source community, I'm a part of it myself.
But when it comes to whether or not I spend $350 plus an
officially-unknown monthly price, and likely with a two year contract,
then yea, I want big official advice with a golden seal of approval on a
silver platter with a company logo in a spotlight and smiling showgirls
on either side.

You talk about it like you're putting mobile service advice in the same
category as advice for debugging my code.  I don't need official people
to debug my code, but I DO need someone official to tell me how much
it's going to cost me to develop for this platform, before I start
signing two year contracts with providers.

The rest of your email is great thanks much, I'll add it to my (growing)
notes file on service plans for the neo,