Idea: Datatransfer during conversation

Matthew S. Hamrick mhamrick at
Wed Mar 14 20:42:09 CET 2007

Yup.. This is the "vCard Bursting" concept.

One of the designs we're working on at the Homebrew Mobile Phone Club
includes a mobile phone where the audio path goes through the apps
processor so it can start sending data over the GSM voice channel.
There's a little more info on that at:

vCard bursting is described at:

Great minds think alike! One of my objectives for building my own
phone was so I could have control over the audio path so I could
implement something like this without having to sell the handset
vendors on the concept.

-Matt H.