"Can OpenMoko Make Coffee?" - SoC Project Proposal

Ben Burdette bburdette at comcast.net
Mon Mar 19 23:07:38 CET 2007

Steven ** wrote:
> I noticed the other day that MythTV has an option to "Enable Network
> Remote Control interface".  Looks like this is just a port you can
> telnet to and pass commands.  I intend to write a remote control app
> that would run on OpenMoko.  Cause I think that would be awesome.  Of
> course, it would only really be useful if the Neo has wifi...
>
> Hmm...  Maybe I should create that project on openmoko.org.
I was hoping that I could use TCP over bluetooth to get on the network,
bypassing the need for wifi for now.  I'm assuming there's going to be
some kind of way to allow the moko to access an ethernet network through
a computer with a bluetooth dongle...

But yeah, an openmoko remote would be awesome.  Kind of an open source
SONOS system.  If you don't write it maybe I will!