VoIP call transfer?

Paul McMillan Paul at SemiCubic.com
Wed Mar 28 22:43:58 CEST 2007

Getting it set up the way I described will require some hacking, but it's
nothing very difficult. Basically, we have to make sure the default voice
interface works properly with both voice and GSM, and then figure out how to
make the phone establish two calls simultaneously (via gsm and wifi) and add
a few "wifi or gsm" buttons to the interface. Then for the outgoing portion,
we'll need to program a configuration that automatically routes all outgoing
calls via the asterisk server ( i.e. it'll call the server via the cell
network if it has to, then send the signal for the number you want to dial).
Once the rest of the software is in place, the functionality shouldn't take
more than a few afternoons worth of hacking to get right. Also, an added
bonus is that this solves the voicemail problem people were talking about
before... your asterisk box can do anything you want with voicemail,
including downloading it directly to the phone, or email-like playback. I
imagine that in the future, someone will provide all this functionality
bundled together as a service you can just subscribe to.

Paul